Friday, March 8, 2013

Book Character Day is Great Fun!


Book character day is always great fun at my school and this year was no exception.  Here I am dressed up as Wyatt the Wonder Dog. What a great time I had making friends with other dogs in the building! All three Wyatt books make great classroom lessons that you can access here.

 Each of the grade levels picked a book to represent.  Here they are by grade:


Kindergarten picked Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.


First Grade picked The Cat in the Hat.


Second grade picked one of my favorite books of all time: Pete the Cat.  I like this book so much I've actually blogged about some of the great lessons you can develop around two of the Pete the Cat books.  You can read about it here  and here.



Third grade

 
Fourth grade's rough bunch and they picked The Best Christmas Pagent Ever.


Even the front office and administration got in on the fun by dressing up as Madeline
Kudos to our principal for dressing up as Miss Clavell!
 
 
We had guest readers that included former students:


 
One of the kindergarten teachers even came down with a bad case of The Stripes



The day was a huge success and as Dr Seuss says:



I've put together a great parent and teacher resource with lots of books and tips for common parenting concerns.  You can receive it by email for free by signing up for my email list here.

Like this post?  Share it with your friends on facebook and twitter!

1 comment: