Saturday, April 19, 2014

Robin O'Bryant and Ketchup is a Vegetable



Robin O'Bryant is a FUNNY LADY! I met her last week at Foxtale Book Shoppe,  the BEST book store in Atlanta, when she stopped in to share excerpts from her book, Ketchup Is a Vegetable.  She quickly had her rapt audience in stitches as she shared stories about her breast reduction, a visit from the FBI and her children's education on the birds and the bees.  As a mom and writer myself, I could easily identify with the drama of raising daughters, the hysterical things they say and the unexpected events in our ordinary lives. A Southern Belle with a wry sense of humor and colorful language (one whole chapter in her book is on her attempts to quit cursing), Robin establishes instant rapport with young moms and been-there-done-that moms everywhere.  Just posting a picture of the title of her book had friends asking me about it, probably because everyone knows the challenge of feeding young picky eaters a healthy diet.
 

Like many authors, Robin began her interest in writing as an avid reader.  Even as a youngster, she read like lightning and devoured books.  Although family and friends encouraged her to write, it wasn't until she began sharing the stories of her young family, first through emails and then through her blog that she found her niche.



Ketchup is a Vegetable was initially a self-published book and Robin is familiar with the challenges of self-promotion and even created her own book tour.  Once her book became a best seller and she had established more of a platform, it was re-released in it's present form.  What is she writing next?  She describes this book as chatting with her over a cup of coffee and her next book as talking with her over dinner and a glass of wine.  I loved this book so much, I'm making dinner reservations now...

You can find Robin on her blog:
http://www.robinschicks.com/

We are working fast and furious to get the next Wyatt the Wonder Dog book out by early summer!  Check out the details and sign-up for a free audio of Wyatt Learns about Being Organized here.

Like this post?  Share on facebook and twitter:) 

2 comments:

  1. Good morning, Lynne, and thank you for the first book on my summer reading list. I LOVE funny ... and you've totally piqued my curiosity with this one.

    I'll admit that I don't stop by as much as I'd like, but when I do, I always leave with an extra spring in my step. Thank you, thank you!

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Barbara! The feeling is so mutual. Love your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete