Saturday, September 29, 2012

Wyatt Visits Sixes Fall Festival. Were You There?

Lots of schools have fall festivals and the one I work at is no exception.  Last night was the Fall Festival for Sixes Elementary and there was something for everyone there.  There were decorated pumpkins to bid on.  Here's one of my favorites:



Here's another:



There was a silent auction:


When I was a kid, my favorite thing at the school festival was the cake walk...



Unfortunately, I've never won even a tiny cupcake at a cake walk.  NEVER.  My daughter Hayley however used to win so often at her school that I would beg her to quit.  Sometimes we went home with three or four cakes.  I guess she was making up for my unlucky streak.

The fun part of the festival for me was participating in the Sixes Market where Wyatt and I got to meet lots of new people. Here's Joyce Willis who made some amazing Wyatt cookies for our book launch tomorrow.


She sold lots of delicious cookies at her booth.  Check out Joyce's website if you want to order some for a special occasion.

Behind Joyce is author, Jordan Crowl's booth.


He has created some amazing books for kids called Ed's Journal.  Each book is about a different character quality including self-control, leadership and dependability.  Check out his website for some great books on character education,  Ed's Journal

We also met Shannen Yauger who sells adorable rompers and hair accessories for little children.  Here's an example of her wares:


Her items were adorable and it made me wish my girls were toddlers again just so I could shop with her.

The best part of the night though was that Wyatt and I got to talk with lots of parents, teachers and children about his adventures!  Even the babies love Wyatt.  Here's three month old Ryan Bobo who is fascinated by Wyatt books:


What a great evening we had!!  Thank you Sixes PTA for inviting us and putting on such a great event.

Don't forget that tomorrow is the official book launch for Wyatt's newest book:


We'll be having a book launch, a birthday party and benefit for MUST ministries at my house! If you can't make the party at my house check out the Wyatt website for specials related to the book launch.  See you soon!!!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment